By: Ana Margarita A. Olar| GetHealthAccess.com
Glowing hair contributes largely to a person’s physical attractiveness. If you want to achieve that naturally shiny hair, here are some tips:
1. First is to protect your hair from any pollutants that may damage it. These include sun, heat, dirt and pollution. All of this can strip out luster from your hair causing dryness, and dirt builds up. You can try applying hair cuticle coat; use an umbrella, or wear a hat.
2. Treat wet hair with care. When your hair is wet, the shaft and roots of the hair are more prone to damage. Don’t rub the scalp too much when shampooing, avoid force combing your hair when wet.
3. Rinse with vinegar. After your regular shampoo and conditioning ritual, try this tip: mix 1 cup vinegar to 1 liter of water. Use this solution to rinse your hair. You can add a drop of fragrant oil to offset the smell of vinegar.
4. Try these various homemade hair masks:
• Honey and beer hair masks-Mix beer and honey according to your desired proportions. Apply from the roots to the tip of your hair. Put on a shower cap and leave on hair for 30 minutes. Rinse well.
• Coco-yogurt hair mask- Combine 1 tsp. cocoa powder, ½ cup yogurt, and 1 egg. Apply this mask, concentrating on the roots of your hair. Leave on hair for 30 minutes. Wear a shower cap if available. Rinse well. This mask will help prevent dryness and hair breakage by the thickening strand of hair.
• Banana and honey hair mask- Mash a ripe banana in a bowl, add 2 tsp. honey. Blend it and apply to your hair. Leave on your hair for 20 minutes. Shampoo and condition hair as usual.
• Banana, avocado, and wheat germ oil hair mask- Mash a ripe banana and avocado together, add 2tbsp wheat germ oil and massage the mixture to the scalp and strands of your hair. Leave on for 30 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual. This mixture will add shine to your hair and prevent split ends.
5. Scalp massage. Using your fingertips; massage the scalp in a circular motion. This stimulates blood flow to the scalp, distributing the scalp’s natural oil evenly to the strand of hair.
6. Comb your hair at least twice a day. Just like massage, a careful combing of hair can help distribute the scalps’ natural oils evenly along each strand, making your hair shine.
7. Wash your hair every other day. Depending on your environment, try to avoid washing your hair every day. Shampooing every day strips off the hair’s natural moisture, leaving the strands dull and dry.
8. Cold water instead of hot water.
Using too much heat when rinsing and drying your hair also removes its natural moisture. To achieve a soft and silky hair, rinse with cold water after a treatment, or a shampoo.
Your hair is your crowning glory. It adds positive impression to your personality. A healthy, well-groomed hair can boost your confidence. So try these tips and achieve a silky and lustrous hair.
Photo via idiva.com and http://unique-haircuts.com/