Studies show that when it comes to health issues that affect the family, it is the woman of the house who makes the final decision. While they are busy looking after their family, these women sometimes neglect their own health. You have to be healthy so that you will be strong enough to care for your family.
Here are some health and wellness tips for the women of the house so that they can be in tip top shape:
- The best thing to do to prevent any illness is to wash your hands on a regular basis.
- If you will be visiting your doctor soon, know what you want to achieve. Is it a diagnosis or a referral to a specialist? Focus on your desired outcome and you will achieve this.
- Don’t be scared or embarrassed to talk to your doctor about anything. If you don’t you will continue to suffer. Tell your doctor about any supplements you take. Some can have dangerous interactions with prescription drugs.
- Know your family history of cancer. If your parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts or uncles were diagnosed before 50, you may be at an especially high risk. If your relative was diagnosed at 50 years old, it is advised that you undergo cancer screening when you reach 40 years old.
- If you want to feel full on fewer calories, stick to foods that contain a lot of water like fruits, vegetables and healthy proteins. Feeling full is based on volume, not calories.
- Eat less salt. You may be young and healthy now but half of women over the age of 45 have high blood pressure and this is mostly due to sodium.
- Every night before going to sleep, lie on your back and hang your head and shoulders off the bed for up to two minutes. This opens up your chest, increasing blood supply to your lungs and heart and can help prevent bad posture from hours of hunching over a desk at work.
- Do a skin check once a month when you are getting out of the shower. While you put on your moisturizer, look, for any striking, dark or changing spots or moles. Wear a hat when you are in the sun. The hat will protect your scalp from skin cancer.
- Rinse your mouth out after drinking a soda. Doing so will help wash its enamel eroding acids off your teeth.
- Everything you eat should make you stronger like whole grains for your heart or vegetables for immunity. Make 85 percent of your choices this way and you will be healthier and thinner.
- Switch from olive oil to canola oil for cookinng. Canola has less saturated fat and a lot more omega 3 fatty acids, which have been show to do everything from lift mood to fight heart disease.
- Get a pet. People with them tend to have better physical health, partly because you have to do active things to maintain them. Interacting with pets may also lower blood pressure, decrease anxiety and improve your mood.
- Unplug and talk to someone face to face. Facebook, Messenger and email are all great ways to stay in touch but actually seeing people and interacting with them is the key for mental health.
- Don’t be with someone who makes you miserable. When women say a relationship is a huge headache, there could be literal truth to that. Emotions can lead to very real pain.
- No cigarettes. Smoking is a killer for your fertility. Women who smoke lose their eggs faster than women who did.
Health is wealth and you should make that important first step to keep yourself healthy.
About the Author:
Anne Ruth Dela Cruz is a seasoned writer who has interests in health, wellness and business start ups. She has also dabbled in corporate communications and public relations. A mother of four, Anne also loves videoke sessions and reading a good book. My posts appear on: Negosentro, World Executives Digest, Executive Chronicles, Get Health Access, and Trade & Travel Journal.