by Irene Tria, Vigorbuddy.com |
Southeast Asians are known to be short in height. That is why there a lot of supplemental growth pills emerged to be available in the market as a solution to this problem.
But according to the study conducted by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, it showed that Filipinos ranked as the second-shortest race in the region.
Filipino males have an average height of 162 centimeters while the females have an average height of 150 centimeters.
And so we conclude that Filipino females belongs to Hobbit height definition posted from 9GAG.
Ooops, worry not, because we have enlisted the top 15 exercises that can help you increase your height that will help you eliminate the hindrance of reaching your dreams:
1. Swimming – like other cardio exercises is great to boost your energy and keep you in top shape. It enlarges the capacity of your lungs and widens your chest and shoulders. It works and activates your hands, legs and whole body thus stretching your spine and the entire muscle groups.
There’re so many different swimming styles such as butterfly, crawl, breaststroke, dog paddle, snorkeling, backstroke, etc. Among those styles, breaststroke is probably the style that stretches your body the most when you do it properly. And for this reason, many people considered breaststroke as the best swimming style to increase the height.
2. Hanging Exercise – Hanging puts a lot of stress of your body even though it is just so simple. Your entire body gets stretched when you hang. While hanging, your feet are above the ground and not touching it. Gravity acts on your body and pulls you down. The lower part of your body gets stretched, and spine gets elongated.
3. Touch Toes – Standing with your hands high above your head, bend over and touch your toes. Keep your legs as straight as possible. You can bend your knees a little if need to. Each repetition should last between 2-3 seconds.
4. Cobra Stretch – is a height increasing exercise to grow taller by stretching and improving posture. Start with your arms perpendicular to the floor, and the spine arched (the end position of the cobra). Now blend your hips and bring your body up into an inverted ‘V’ position. While you are doing that, tuck your chin against your chest. Return to the original position. Each repetition should last between 10-20 seconds.
5. Pelvic Shift – Pelvic shift exercise is simple, but you will quickly feel the stretching that occurs up and down your spine and in your hips. You need to begin the exercise by lying on your back with your shoulders and arms planted firmly on the floor. Bend your knees and draw your feet as close to your buttock as you can. Next, arch your back so that your pelvis thrusts upward. You must increase your workout slowly. When you develop a disciplined grow taller exercise program, you will help you body raise and sustain the levels of growth hormone in your body.
6. Leg Stretches -While sitting down, spread your legs far apart. Reach for your toes. Try to keep your knees as straight as possible. Now move into reaching for the toes on the other leg. Be sure to keep your spine straight and move from your hips. Do not arch the upper spine. This stretch works both your spine and legs. Each repetition should last between 6-15 seconds.
7. The Table – Sit down on the floor with your legs straight. With your torso straight, place the palms of your hands on the floor next to your butt. Then tuck your chin against your chest. Now bring your head back as far as it will go.
While doing that, raise your body so that your knees bend while the arms stay straight. The torso and upper legs will be straight and horizontal to the floor. Your arms and lower legs will be perpendicular to the floor. You will be the shape of a table. This is another hard stretch for some. If you can’t do it right away, just do the best you can, eventually you will be able to do it with ease. Each repetition should last between 8-20 seconds.
8. Jump Rope – Jumping rope increases blood supply and exerts pressure on the long bones of the body to grow in length.
9. Spot Jump – Stand on your toe, keeping your legs close together. Put your hands straight up in the air and start jumping for 2 minutes.
10. Dry Swim or Alternate Kick –
This exercise is also known as “alternate kick” and it basically focuses on your lower back.
Start off by laying down flat on your stomach. Your body should be fully extended. Place your arms straight in front of you with your palms facing down towards the floor. Then raise your left arm higher than your right arm. Keeping your legs straight, lift your right leg as far off the ground as you can into the air. Remain in this position for at least 4 seconds and then repeat the procedure with your other leg and other hand. You should aim to hold the position for 20 seconds. Adding wrist and ankle weights will be more beneficial as it will tone your lower back muscles and increase your resistance.
11. Super Stretch – Standing up, reach your hands up as high as you can as you lean slightly back. Feel the stretch in your lower spine. The super stretch can be done standing up or lying down. Each repetition should last between 4-7 seconds.
12. Two Legs Straight Up – Lying face down with your palms down and on the sides, raise both your legs up together as high as possible. Keep your feet together. Each repetition should last 3 seconds.
13. Forward Spine Stretch – Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you. Reach forward and try to touch your toes by arching your back.
14. Pilates Roll Over – This exercise stretches your spine but also stretches and lengthens the vertebrae of your neck, be careful with the position of your neck, be sure to stretch it as much as possible. Lie on your back with your arms along your sides, palms down. With your legs together, extend them straight up toward the ceiling and bend them backwards so that they touch the floor. The more you stretch, the more your spine lengthens.
15. Cat and Dog – This exercise can help extend your spine fully in two different directions thus stretching every disc in your spinal column helping you to gain height. Other benefit of this yoga exercise other than increasing height is that it is also excellent for creating a supple spine preventing injury, reinvigorates internal organs and also relieves the tension in your lower back. Begin this exercise by getting down on your knees and hand like a toddler, set your legs apart and put your hands slightly ahead of your shoulders. Inhale deeply and incline your pelvis up and curve your spine downward as much as you can while lifting your head gradually then fully stretch your body. Hold on for few moments with this dog posture then exhale and move into the cat position by reversing the curve of your spine, slanting your pelvis downwards, stretching your spine upwards. Hold on for few seconds with this cat position and then reverse gain.